Work Health and Safety Policy
Download PDF version below
Work Health and Safety Policy (293 KB)
Baines is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, contractors, visitors and customers. It is the policy of Baines to ensure that our business activities are performed in a manner that creates a healthy and safe work environment, and to promote workplace health and safety.
Baines will undertake to:
- Develop and implement work health and safety programs to ensure that risks to health and safety at the workplace are identified, assessed and managed;
- Consult with workers on health, safety and welfare issues, and to improve the effectiveness of workplace health and safety;
- Ensure that health and safety information including this policy, is communicated and available to all workers, and is available to other interested parties;
- Provide appropriate health and safety training and instruction to all workers;
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice, as a minimum;
- Provide injury management for injured or ill workers that will facilitate their prompt recovery and assist to their return to work
- Commit adequate resources to effectively implement the commitments of this Policy;
- To set and regularly review objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement of safety performance;
A healthy and safe work environment is fundamental to Baines successful business operations. Managers and supervisors are responsible and accountable for the health and safety of workers, visitors and customers, and will ensure that the objectives of this policy are implemented. Baines expects its workers to be responsible for ensuring their own health, safety and welfare and that of others by following established safe work practices and procedures, and by supporting health and safety in the workplace.